Thursday, October 13, 2005

Going to Indonesia

It's been almost a year now since my cousin Julene and her family (her husband, Chris, and two kids, Tehya and Paeton) have moved to Indonesia as missionaries. They have finally finished at language school, learning how to speak Indonesian. They will be moving in a few days to their new "home". Ever since they left here a year ago, I have been planning to go there and visit for a while. Well, now I think that it's actually going to happen! This excites me so incredably much. I have a chance to g0 there in March (durring spring break). The only thing is that I'm broke. And my parents are making me pay for this myself (which I'm totaly fine with). So I need to find a large amout of money somewhere before March. What makes that hard is that I don't have a job! So, I'm helping my mom out on Wednesdays with Alpha. This gets me $25 every Wednesday, but Alpha is only a 12 week program. So that only gets me $300 (which, by the way, about $100 of that goes to my parents because of all the money I've borrowed!). So, I've also started to babysit a little more. My sister and I kinda share this job. If he (Aaron is his name) needs to be looked after durring the day, when I'm in school, then Larissa babysits, but when I'm home, I get it. It's not really a schedualed thing, it's more like she calls and we go. But it works. So, right now, I'm not doing too bad. I'm making money, and trying so incredably hard not to spend it. I'm really starting to look forward to March now. It seems like so far away though. augggg...so frustrating. Oh yeah! I'm also collecting pop bottles. Right now, I've got like around 10 bags sitting in my garage! I'm just kinda ask people if they get money back for their bottles (they usually say no), and then ask if I can have them. It works, I'd say, about 90% of the time. It's great! But yeah. Those take a while to sort. So I think that I'm just ramabling now. I'll stop and let you get on with your day ... or night.


Aaron (the kid that we babysit)

A few of my bags of pop cans.

Me working the dishwasher at Alpha.

2 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

just have faith, girl...God will provide!

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Rosalynn said...

He always does!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home