Thursday, December 21, 2006

Grad Cruise

Hey everybody. How many is everybody I have no idea. If you are still coming back to this blog, congrats to you because it has been a LONG time! I have a lot to catch up on, but I think I'll start with my grad cruise. Around a month ago I bought a ticket for the annual Grad Christmas Cruise. The date for the cruise: November 29. Little did they know what was in store for that day. A week before the cruise, on the 22nd of November, we had a huge wind storm. This storm knocked down trees all over the place putting people's power out for up to three days. That Saturday night, the 25th, it started to snow. We woke up on Sunday morning and it was still snowing. It kept snowing all throughout the day. Finally stopped sometime during Sunday night. We had around a foot of snow. So that Tuesday, the 28th, during the announcements at school, they said that the cruise had been postponed for Monday, December 11th. We're all a little disappointed but figure that it's probably for the best. So we wait anxiously that week and a half only getting more excited for this cruise. Then Monday the 11th came around. It was a little bit windy that day so we thought that they might cancel it again. When the announcements came on at school we all listened very intently. They said nothing about the cruise. A load off our shoulders! School ends, we all go home. I was at home getting ready when the power goes out. Now I'm getting annoyed because I still had to straighten my hair. So I called up one of my friends and thank God she still had power. I went to her house and we spent the next hour getting ready together. Then we get in her car and head off to the school. We got out of the car, all dulled up in our new dresses and our perfectly done makeup and head to the front of the school. Guess what the first thing we hear is: "It's cancelled." Everybody was SO angry. A bunch of us ended up going out to Boston Pizza for dinner (seeing as we had no other plans) and the night wasn't all that bad. But the fact that it was cancelled for a second time was so annoying to everybody. The worst part was that everybody had spent all that time getting ready; some people even spent a lot of money to get their hair done. So we go to school the next day and hear that they have rescheduled the cruise for Wednesday, the 13th (the next day). Wednesday comes around. The whole day everybody was so bored with the fact that it was supposed to be the cruise that night. No one was excited. The fact that it was even windier than it was on Monday didn't make it any better. The announcements came on and they assured us that it was going to happen. Still no one was excited. I think that all the excitement was used up on Monday night. Anyways. We do the whole bit again. School gets out and we go get ready. Thankfully, the power didn't go out this time. My friend picks me up and we head to the school. And guess what. IT WASN'T CANCELLED!! That was when the excitement began. So we all piled on the four busses and headed out to Vancouver. That night was so amazing. I don't know that it could have been any better than it was. We danced, we ate, we hung out with friends and we enjoyed the view of Vancouver at night. I had so much fun and am so glad that it actually happened. Just let me say that this was the first year that they have ever had to cancel it.I'd post some pictures but it's not letting me.

3 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I can't believe you're GRADUATING!!! How did THAT happen???

Glad you had fun on the cruise. It's an annual WG event, and it's always a great time!

Too bad we didn't get together while I was on the mainland...next time, for sure!!

 
At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got to wear your cute dress more than once!

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Julene said...

Waiting for a new update ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home